Avenues Recovery of Prince Frederick, MD is seeking to hire full-time and part-time Therapists!
We are looking for the candidate who enjoys making a real difference in the lives of others. We offer competitive compensation, flexibility, excellent growth potential and a great working environment. We consider our employees family and have a tight knit network for support! Onsite clinical supervision is included! LGPC and LCPCs strongly encouraged to apply.
Avenues Recovery of Prince Frederick, MD is a unique community-based residential style 60-day program that's truly customized to the needs and unique circumstances of each individual. The freshly remodeled contemporary facilities have a vibrant decor and environment, removing the barrier of institutionalized treatment. Truly a one-of-a-kind facility with a one-of-a-kind clinical team.
The Therapist is responsible for assessing and providing treatment to individuals struggling with addiction issues and, when recommended, their significant others. The role of the Therapist is to support individuals on their journey of recovery by educating them on the skills needed to maintain long-term recovery.
Specific job responsibilities are as follows:
- Screening and assessment of individuals interested in services
- Review of clinical information and other relevant documentation about the individual's treatment and life experiences
- Collaborating with other professionals as needed when Consents for Release of Information have been signed
- Providing Individual and Group therapy sessions to help individuals develop healthy, positive coping skills to manage their addiction issues
- Supporting family members and/or significant others in living with an individual who is struggling with addiction issues
- Developing and updating Treatment and Recovery Plans in collaboration with the individuals receiving services as a way to stay focused in the therapeutic process
- Monitoring, evaluating, and documenting the progress of the individuals with whom she/he is working toward Treatment and Recovery Plan goals
- Providing educational resources as well as case management and advocacy as needed to support an ongoing Recovery environment
- Participating in continuing education to promote professional growth and development, including the use of evidence-based practices
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations around a variety of issues, including but not limited to HIPAA, confidentiality, and risk management
- Identifying opportunities for Continuous Quality Improvement and Programmatic excellence
- Referring individuals receiving services, their family members and/or significant others to other community resources as needed
The Therapist will be thoroughly committed to the Mission of the organization and should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include but are not limited to the following:
- At least 1 year of experience working with individuals with addiction issues
- Knowledge of principles, procedures, and methods for behavioral health rehabilitation
- State Licensure or Certification in Human Service-related field
- Strong desire to support individuals struggling with addiction issues
- Willingness to develop as a Professional, asking questions, sharing knowledge and experience, and accepting feedback when needed
- Ability to communicate in both written and oral form in an exemplary manner, including but not limited to the use of assertive communication
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within an environment that requires changing priorities as well as an ability to manage these priorities
Credentials Required -Any of the following:
Apply today and join our happy team at Avenues Recovery of Prince Frederick, MD!
Avenues Recovery Center of Maryland
125 Fairground Road
Prince Frederick, MD 20678