COUNSELOR I – LIMITED TERM GRANT FUNDED
SALARY $26.52 Hourly
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply
THIS IS A LIMITED TERM GRANT FUNDED POSITION (LTGF)
The Prince George’s County Health Department is seeking qualified applicants to fill multiple LTGF Counselor I positions for the Jail Based Substance Abuse Treatment Program, the Offender Reentry Program, The Circuit Court Problem Solving Court, Assessment and Case Management Unit, and the Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA) Program within its Behavioral Health Services Division. Many of these positions are long-term grant funded with medical benefits.
These are entry level professional counseling positions, whereby the incumbents provide treatment or clinical case management services to individuals who are detained at the County's Department of Corrections (DOC) and are either self-referred or referred by DOC's Treatment Advisory Board (TBA), or Prince George's County Problem Solving Courts. Other positions provide screening and assessments for persons referred by Probation and Parole and the Department of Social Services. The incumbents are supervised and evaluated by a Program Manager in accordance with Departmental rules, policies, and procedures.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
· Screen and assess clients for substance abuse/mental health treatment;
· Conduct psycho-education, substance abuse, and co-occurring treatment using evidenced-based curriculums including, living balance, Substance Abuse Men's Trauma Recovery and Empowerment Model (SA-M-TREM), decision points; criminal and addictive thinking, co-occurring disorders;
· Complete screening, consent, and referrals in Electronic Medical Records (EMR)Schedule intake/assessment appointments for clients with positive screening results and provides case management;
· Monitor client compliance with treatment until discharge;
· Prepare and submit screening logs; and,
· Perform other tasks and duties assigned, which may not be specifically listed in the position description; however, are within the general occupational category and responsibility level typically associated with the employee's class of work.
Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Business or Public administration, Social Services, Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, or other related fields with experience in counseling. Applicants must possess and maintain a valid Counselor License issued by the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists or Maryland Board of Social Work. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. EACH CANDIDATE MUST INCLUDE INFORMATION THAT CLEARLY DEMONSTRATES THE ABOVE QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Three years (3) years of demonstrated professional experience, which involves counseling and assisting client populations with substance abuse, emotional, behavioral, or related disorders and the ability to conduct group and individual counseling sessions.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Upon selection, the candidate must possess one of the following licenses/certifications.
1. LCPC: Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor
2. LGPC: Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor
3. LCADC: Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor
4. LGADC: Licensed Graduate Alcohol and Drug Counselor
5. LCSW-C: Licensed Certified Social Worker–Clinical
6. LCSW: Licensed Certified Social Worker
7. LMSW: Licensed Masters Social Worker
8. LCP: Licensed Clinical Psychologist
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Upon selection, the candidate must:
1. Pass a thorough background investigation
2. Pass a drug screen and submit to subsequent random drug screens.
3. Possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
DURATION OF ELIGIBILITY:
Candidates will be selected from a temporary register of eligibles, which will become effective approximately four (4) weeks after the closing date. Once a selection has been made, the register will expire.
ELIGIBILITY TO WORK: Under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, an employer is required to hire only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers. Applicants who are selected for employment will be required to show and verify authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S., only after an offer has been accepted and the Form I-9 is completed. For information on E-Verify, or if you believe the County has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) at 888-897-7781 or visit their website at dhs.gov/e-verify.
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
HOW TO APPLY: Please contact Dr. Aljami at 240-470-6429 or at email@example.com
Prince George's County Government is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Committed to Diversity in the Workplace